From: Eric van Broekhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: Rodopi Atlanta <[email-masked]>, Wido Beekman <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked] (Bob Sears), [email-masked], Jennifer Karches <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Gwen Burda <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], "Prof. L.B. Cebik" <[email-masked]>, CIOS/Comserve Support Staff <[email-masked]>, Cogling <[email-masked]>, Marina Colton <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Louise Cornelis <[email-masked]>, "Dane R. Gordon" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked] (Burandt,Linda), "Rem B. E
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], "E.J. Kwakernaak" <[email-masked]>, "E.J. Kwakernaak" <[email-masked]>, George Leaman <[email-masked]>, "Dr. Joerg F. Maas" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Jack Musselman <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Giorgio Pinton), [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:14:42 +0200

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=    
Connie Perry, PhD    When a person prevents his emotions from overtaking
Allegheny University   his rationality, it is called reason.  When a 
MS 503, Broad & Vine     person prevents her rationality from overtaking
Philadelphia, PA 19102     her emotions, it is called compassion.  When 
                             a person can do both, it is called wisdom.
                               - Ancient Chinese Saying
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= 

>----------
>From: 	Brembt, Jim[SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 	Thursday, June 19, 1997 1:19 PM
>Subject: 	American Cancer Soc. - a final wish
>
>Subject: American Cancer Soc. - a final wish
>>     
>>     No comedy here. It's about a seven year old girl with cancer. Read it 
>>     and pass it on to as many people that you can.
>>     
>>     Occasionally we get to use this medium for some actual good, rather 
>>     than trading barbs across the waves.  And once in a while things like 
>>     this bring us  back to reality, allowing us to count ourselves lucky 
>>     in life.  Let's put our network to work here!
>>     
>>     It will only take you a second to send this message.
>>     
>>     *************************************************************** 
>>     JESSICA MYDEK IS SEVEN YEARS OLD AND IS SUFFERING FROM AN ACUTE AND 
>>     VERY RARE CASE OF CEREBRAL CARCINOMA.  THIS CONDITION CAUSES SEVERE 
>>     MALIGNANT BRAIN TUMORS AND IS A TERMINAL ILLNESS.  THE DOCTORS HAVE 
>>     GIVEN HER SIX MONTHS TO LIVE.  AS PART OF HER DYING WISH, SHE WANTED 
>>     TO START A CHAIN LETTER TO INFORM PEOPLE OF THIS CONDITION AND TO SEND 
>>     PEOPLE THE MESSAGE TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT, 
>>     A CHANCE THAT SHE WILL NEVER HAVE.
>>     
>>     FURTHERMORE, THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY AND SEVERAL CORPORATE 
>>     SPONSORS HAVE AGREED TO DONATE THREE CENTS TOWARD CONTINUING CANCER 
>>     RESEARCH FOR EVERY NEW PERSON THAT GETS FORWARDED THIS MESSAGE. PLEASE 
>>     GIVE JESSICA AND ALL CANCER VICTIMS A CHANCE. ADD [email-masked] TO THE 
>>     LIST OF PEOPLE THAT YOU SEND THIS
>>     TO SO THAT THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY WILL BE ABLE TO CALCULATE HOW 
>>     MANY PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN THIS.   IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS, SEND THEM 
>>     TO THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY AT [email-masked]
>>     
>>     Three cents for every person that receives this letter turns out to be 
>>     a lot of money considering how many people will get this letter and 
>>     how many people they, in turn, pass it on to.  Please go ahead and 
>>     forward it to whoever you know- it really doesn't take much to help 
>>     out.
>>     
>>     ******************************************** Jean Ann Linney, Ph.D. 
>>     Professor and Department Chair
>>     Department of Psychology
>>     University of South Carolina
>>     Columbia, SC 29208
>>     PHONE: 803-777-4301
>>     FAX: 803-777-9558
>
>

Eric van Broekhuizen
RODOPI
Keizersgracht 302-304
1016 EX  Amsterdam
The Netherlands

tel: **-31-(0)20-6227507
fax: **-31-(0)20-6380948
E-mail: [email-masked]